Incredible Incas is a book by Terry Deary published in 2000.
The incredible Incas may have built South America’s greatest civilisation, but they could be very icky indeed! The poor prisoners they pulled up their huge pyramids were likely to experience a very painful death. But things weren’t much better for your average Inca. Find out…
- How a bucket of stewed pee could make you beautiful
- Why servants ate the emperor’s hair
- What happened in their legendary golden temples
- What chilling fate awaited their child sacrifices
The Incan Empire ruled 12 million people, but was conquered by 260 Spanish invaders – and a few germs. In fact, it was the llamas who really had it lucky… they got to wear earrings and drink beer! So would you rather be a lucky llama… or an incredible Inca? Erk!
- Introduction - 7
- Timeline- 9
- Legendary lords - 12
- Evil emperors - 15
- Top of the class - 17
- Live like an Inca - 23
- The cruel conquest - 25
- Terrific temples - 35
- Groovy gods - 39
- Inca mystery quiz - 42
- Epilogue- 44
- Item format: Book Paper or Softback
- ISBN: 9781407104270
- 144 pages
- For ages 8+
- Hernan Cortez conquered the Incans as well as the Aztecs.
- The Incans were from Peru, while the Aztecs were Mexican.